Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sears Invisible/Non existent Service on Dyson Vacuum Cleaner






The above pictures show the Dyson AFTER it was serviced!

I purchased a three year Maintenance agreement when I purchased my Dyson Vacuum cleaner at Sears in January of 2006. Two weeks ago today I took the cleaner into the Sears Service center nearby to have general maintance done for the first time since it was purchased.

There was powder-like dust way up in the inner chamber at the top of the main housing that I could find no way to remove. (picture 1)
The small holes inside the housing had become packed with lint/fibers, that I also could not remove. (picture 2)

The lint filled holes and the packed it powdered dust made the cleaner work in a manner less efficient than when it was purchased.

When I was asked to sign for receipt of my serviced cleaner I asked to check it out first since it was entirely enclosed in plastic.

I was shocked to find the cleaner looked exactly as it had when I put it in for service!

Had I not had a service policy, Sears would have charged me $52.99 to return my cleaner to me in the same shape as it had been two weeks earlier.

I asked to see the Service Manager. Since all work is sent out..he had no idea what was covered in the service agreements. I said that one could not expect the cleaner to work at it's best if the holes were clogged. I also found a store Manager from the main store (the service policies are sold in the main part of the store) and showed him the cleaner. He agreed that one would not expect a serviced cleaner to come back in the condition that mine did.

The cleaner has been sent back to be serviced again.. as I refused to accept it as "fixed".

When one puts a lawn mower in for service..it comes back clean and shiny. I expect the same for my vaccum cleaner.

I grew up in a family who only bought appliances and tools from Sears because they stood behind their products and their maintenance agreements. I have carried on that tradition over the last 40+ years. Depending on what my vacuum cleaner looks like when it is "serviced" again.. I may never buy anything at Sears again!




3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mom,

You do know that Sears is now owned by K-Mart don't you? It cannot be the same company as what you remember growing up.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sears bought out all the k mart stores
sears is still the same old company only now they don't give a crap

williejo

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i stand corrected k mart bought out sears
so it is not the same old comapany ',but now they really don't give a crap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home